Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Simple as a Snowball Throw

Every morning before work and every night when I get home, I take Hokie outside and throw snowballs back and forth for her to chase (up here, that's about 6 months a year). The moment her first paw hits the snow, her tail is wagging so fast it's a blur. I feel like it's the least I can do, seeing as how she comes to work with us each day and waits patiently between customers and their treats to go home and start the routine all over again.

As I've mentioned on these posts before, we have a hot-tub, a 100" screen for our HD projector, and 4 theater chairs. We have a lot of "stuff" which in a way might reflect some modicum of "success". I don't have a lot of friends up here, which due to my own introverted ways is my own fault.

I don't need to watch football anymore. I don't think I've seen more than 3 or 4 quarters all year. Watching illiterate millionaire athletes doesn't do it for me anymore.
I could care less that North Korea is threatening the south with nuclear war. I don't take any pleasure out of watching the evening news like I used to during the gulf war. None of it impacts my here-and-now.
As much as I'd like to see Sarah Palin gored by a moose on her stupid Alaska reality show, I won't tune in for the chance to see that, either.
I still dig 80's music and I still turn it up loud when John's not home. Thanks, grooveshark.com.
I still avoid a fair bit of social interaction; gets too complicated sometimes. I know I'm guilty of it, too, but most people just want to bitch or complain about something that happened during their day.

Most times nothing compares to a game of "go-get-it" with Hokie. She is happy; it's all she wants out of life. Plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment